By Sierra Air Conditioning & Heating
Summer Is Coming… Are You Ready?
Sierra Air Conditioning & Heating offers the following low- or no-cost tips to ensure your home is more energy-efficient and comfortable during the dog days of summer in Las Vegas:
- Use a programmable thermostat – by having the temperature at a constant setting that automatically adjusts according to your usage you can save up to 10% annually on your cooling costs.
- Constant fan – For less room temperature variability and cleaner air, run the fan on your furnace continuously throughout the summer.
- Have adequate attic insulation – increase if less than 5 inches.
- Seal cracks and openings in foundations, around windows, doors, and electrical outlets with caulking or weather-stripping.
- Seal leaking ducts and insulate – especially ductwork in crawlspaces, attics, or garages.
- Adjust registers – Because hot air rises and cold air falls, leave upper floor registers open in summer and partially or completely close registers on lower floors.
- Check cold air returns – There should be at least 6 inches of space between furniture or objects and cold air returns.
- Turn off electronic equipment such as TVs, computers, ovens, and lamps that put off a lot of heat when not in use.
- Keep the heat and sunlight out by adjusting drapes on windows facing the direct sun during the day.
- Landscape for efficiency – use plantings to block sun exposure
- Clean or replace filters monthly – dirty filters cost money.
- Keep outdoor units free from debris – accessible fresh air is important for efficiency.
- Schedule annual maintenance – Last but most important, keep your system running at its best by having an annual check-up!
For all of your Las Vegas AC repair needs, turn to Sierra Air Conditioning & Heating. Our team of top-rated cooling technicians is available 24/7!